Heavy Equipment Mechanic?Mecanicien d'équipements lourds
Full-Time • Chapleau Region
ROLE: How you contribute to RYAM Lumber
Work within a team to perform repairs, maintenance, overhauls and inspections of all diesel, gasoline and propane gas mobile equipment. Provide analysis and evaluate breakdowns and major repairs. You need to be safety-conscious, energetic, and able to understand your role in our team.
REQUIREMENTS: What you bring to our workplace
- Education: Successful completion of heavy equipment mechanic course
- Certification: Possess a heavy equipment mechanic provincial certificate
- Experience: 1 to 3 years
- Language: Bilingualism (French and English) is an asset
CONDITIONS: Compensation and hours
- Wages: As per collective agreement
- Hours: 40 per week.
- Shift work: May be required
- Weekend work: May be required
COMMITMENTS: What it means to work at RYAM Lumber
- Live up to RYAM Lumber’s values, principles and guidelines.
- Bring an open and cooperative attitude to your job, contributing to our positive work environment.
- Comply with all health, safety and environmental standards, applicable regulations and laws, as well as our collective agreement.
- Have demonstrated a good attendance and safety record.
- Physically capable of performing all duties of the job.
- Preference will be given to candidates with hydraulic experience and electronic.
SETTING & LIFESTYLE: What to expect at the site and in the region
The Township of Chapleau is situated within the Boreal Forest and Arctic Watershed Region of Northern Ontario. Chapleau is best known for being the home of the world’s largest Crown Game Preserve, as well as being the 2011 winners of WFN’s Ultimate Fishing Town Canada contest. The Game Preserve, established in 1925, is 700,000 hectares in size, making it an exciting eco-tourism destination for world nature and wildlife travelers. Chapleau offers beautiful land, to be utilized however you wish, ATVing, canoeing, kayaking, hiking, bird watching, biking, swimming, fishing, hunting, boating, snowshoeing, etc. We have a Figure Skating Club, Chapleau Minor Hockey, Gymnastics Club, Ski Club, Snowmobile Club and Golf Club.
Every year fishing enthusiasts gather for the Annual Rotary Pike Ice Fishing Derby. The Derby takes place on the second Saturday every February and offers huge prizes. Winter Carnival is a long-standing tradition in Chapleau that proves the winter can be great fun. Activities are hosted throughout the community for people of all ages to enjoy. Canada Day celebrations is a fun filled day followed by fireworks at dawn. In October of each year you can attend the Arts and Crafts Fall Fair. The Centre Culturel Louis-Hémon hosts a Hunters’ Ball to celebrate the end of the moose hunt and the CP Rail Holiday Train rolls into town each year with live entertainment - the community is invited to attend and bring non-perishable items for local food banks.
Chapleau is also home to many different cultural communities, such as, Chapleau Cree First Nation, Chapleau Ojibwe First Nation, Brunswick House First Nation, Chapleau’s francophone community, and Chapleau’s Metis community.
Rayonier Advanced Materials IN BRIEF
Rayonier Advanced Materials is a global manufacturer of forest products, including lumber, paper, packaging and a global leader of high purity cellulose, a natural polymer commonly found in cell phones, computer screens, filters and pharmaceuticals. With manufacturing operations in the U.S., Canada and France, Rayonier Advanced Materials employs approximately 4,200 people and generates approximately US$2 billion of revenues.
Only selected applicants will be notified.